If you have any questions please contact us at:
“What format should my tracks be in to upload for mastering?”
– We recommend wav or aiff. format at 44100khz sample rate and 16 or 24 bit depth. We also recommend having at least -6 db on the master bus. Your mix that you deliver cannot have any limiters on the final master bus (it is fine to leave the limiters on the individual instruments however).
For a more detailed explanation you can Click Here
“Why do you need my tracks to be at a lower db before I upload them?”
– This ensures that your track isn’t clipping when you export it without a limiter.
“How soon will I receive my tracks after uploading?”
– Under 24 Hours for Expedited Mastering (Priority Service)
– Under 48 Hours for Standard Mastering
– Under 72 Hours for Mixing & Mastering
“Do you need the stems/individual instrument tracks or just the final output track?”
– We just need the final master mix track (not the stems or individual instrument tracks) for mastering and the individual stems for mixing & mastering.
“Can I still have limiters on the individual tracks?”
– Yes you can have limiters on individual tracks (for example the kick, the snare, etc.)
You just can’t have any limiters on the final master bus as these limit the overall output of the track.
“Is your studio open on the weekend?”
– We sure are! Our studio is available 7 days a week so when we say that you will receive your final masters within 48 hours this even includes Saturday and Sunday.
Feel free to order on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as we will still be in the studio working on your music during the Weekend.
“What genres do you work with?”
– All genres! We have delivered high quality professional masters for just about every other genre you can think of. From Electronic Dance Music to to Orchestral music to Heavy Metal and everything in between.
We approach every genre differently to ensure that you are getting the highest quality optimized master for each genre.
“Why can’t I just master my own tracks using mastering plugins or automated software?”
1. You need to have your tracks mastered in a professional treated setting or your masters will be colored in the wrong way and your audio not be consistent on different playback systems. Mastering in an untreated environment is like painting in the dark. You may think your tracks sound fine but in reality they could be lacking in clarity, muddy, and harsh on the ears.
2. You run the risk of not being able to remove those nasty frequencies that could damage peoples hearing and ruin speakers.
3. Even high-end mastering plugins give your tracks that annoying plastic sound. (Listen to any professionally mastered track and then listen to a self mastered track and you can clearly hear this difference).
4. The money and time spent on plugins could be spent towards getting them professionally mastered. Save your time and money and get them mastered by a professional studio (even if it isn’t us). Your tracks will achieve their full potential and quality so it is always worth the investment.
“How can you deliver high quality masters at such low prices?”
– We take great pride in knowing that we can deliver better quality masters than other professional studios at just a fraction of the price. You will not find another studio that can deliver the quality of masters we deliver at our price. Guaranteed.
The majority of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals so we make sure that our clients are 100% satisfied and that our prices are affordable.
“I just purchased mastering but wasn’t automatically redirected to the upload form”
– This rarely happens but if paypal doesn’t automatically redirect to the upload form please just send us an email at email@example.com and we will just email you a link to the upload form.
Even if you don’t email us we will contact you if we see that someone has purchased mastering but hasn’t uploaded any tracks.
“How long does it take to upload my tracks for mastering?”
– Depending on your browser settings and internet connection it could take up to 1-2 hours.
1-3 songs shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes though.
If you are having problems with your upload please contact us asap.
“Will I lose any rights to my track by uploading them for mastering?”
– No, you will retain full rights to all audio you upload for us to master. Our only job is to make your tracks sound perfect.
“Why should I have my tracks professionally mastered by you?”
1) We ensure your tracks will sound consistent across all playback systems and guarantee their full tonal quality.
In short: Your tracks will sound brighter, crisper, clearer, louder, and fatter.
2) We also smooth all harsh frequencies that take up headroom AND all stubborn frequencies that can ruin speakers and hearing.
This increases your tracks quality and ensures that they can’t ruin speakers or cause ear-fatigue.
This is mandatory for anyone who wants to play their tracks out in clubs or release their music commercially.
3) We focus on each track individually ensuring that each track is mastered to perfection. We also approach every genre differently as well. For example We aren’t going to push a deep house track as hard as we would a dubstep or electro house track.
“What are some EDM sub-genres you have mastered?”
As of 2016 we have professionally mastered or mixed & mastered all of the following EDM sub-genres:
Afro / Cosmic disco
Drum and bass
Drill and bass
Video Game OST
Trap & Bass
Big Room Trap
drum & bass
Video game music